Local Area Coaching EducationMarch 9, 2013 | Posted by Jim Thorn
ATTENTION – Coaches in SW Washington: Coaching Courses are coming to our Area!
The ultimate goal of Coaching Education is for our local staff to get trained at higher levels of learning so they can directly apply this new knowledge right away into their teams! These courses are designed to stimulate and encourage growth within the game so coaches can pass on the knowledge they have acquired into training, development, lesson plans, technique and tactics year round!
Here is the latest information for the various coaching education clinics around the NW: Please be advised that the National E course is a pass / fail clinic – the National D course is held over 2 separate weekends usually 10 – 12weeks apart so coaches have time to practice Lesson Plans on topics for better learning BEFORE the 2nd week of the course when testing occurs. There are NO “Waivers” to skip over one license to another. Before taking the National D course, you must wait 6 months after taking and passing the National E course. Before taking the National C course, you must wait 12 months before taking and passing the National D course. Cost in Washington for the National E ($100) and National D ($160) courses and are significantly less costly than those held in Oregon . . . where it costs $150 for the National E clinic and $300 for the National D clinic. Recreational training and “Youth Mods” are a great way for the Recreational coach to get acclimated to youth soccer coaching, where we help train these coaches on skills, small sided games, age appropriate activities, and the correct focus on U6, U8 and U 10 age groups. We have the best trained coaches in the area totrain and foster coaches that attend these events for their overall development in the game.
Courses hosted in the Vancouver area:
- US Soccer National E License, April 26 – 28th, in Camas / Vancouver WA – 18 hours, cost is $100. Staff Coach – Gary Osterhage.
- US Soccer National D License, May 31-June 2 and then coaches come back Aug 16-18 for testing, in Camas / Vancouver WA (or pick a different venue date for testing after 10 weeks has passed since taking the first weekend of training)! 36 hours – cost is $200. Staff Coach – Gary Osterhage.
- US Soccer National E License, July 26 – 28, in Camas / Vancouver WA – 18 hours, cost is $100. Staff Coach – Gary Osterhage.
- Recreational Coach Training will be held in August on 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd to include youth Recreational sessions for U6, U8 and U10 age groups. (Times for all 4 nights and location TBA). For more information, contact Youth Director, Jeff Castagnola at email@example.com who will be running these vital clinics. Free to all local coaches.
- US Soccer National E License will also be held in August on 4 consecutive Monday nights, from 5 – 9pm in Vancouver, WA — 18 hours, cost $100. Staff Coach – Sunny Dulai.
- Register at www.wsysa.com for any of the courses above that we are hosting !!!
- THERE IS “PRE COURSE REQUIREMENTS” FOR SOME OF THESE COURSES SO YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO THIS MATERIAL UPON REGISTRATION.
Courses put on by Wash Youth Soccer Association:
- US Soccer National C License, March 14 – 17 and March 21 – 24, in Tukwila (Starfire9) WA, $1100 tuition plus cost of hotel $650 (if you choose or need this option) – Approx 68 hours
- US Youth Soccer National Youth License, Nov 20 – 24, in Tukwila (Starfire) WA – Approx 42 Hrs, cost is $595 – approx 50 hours.
- US Soccer National E and D Licenses, TBA — check www.wsysa.com for more dates around the state with all 7 districts / associations that will host these courses in their areas.
Courses put on by Oregon Youth Soccer Association:
- US Youth Soccer National Youth License, Aug 16 – 18 and Aug 24 – 25, in Portland OR, 50 hours and cost is $550.
- Go to www.oregonyouthsoccer.org for more information about each course
- National D Coaching Course in Portland, July 7-9th and August 9-11th.
Please contact Gary Osterhage, with any questions at:
Call 360–608–8073 (c) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best,
WYS Regional Director of Coach Education – D5 / SW Washington